On Monday Wella and Scar Hair teamed up to treat a bunch of us gals to a day at the salon. We got to try out the new Wella Color ID system for soft, blended colour - no foils necessary. That's right, no space-age alien vibes in sight. Wait, this is me we're talking about...anyway I thought it was awesome because the process was much less time-consuming and you can mix the colours without them bleeding. I just let my hairdresser, Verushka, do her thing while I sipped, spilled and refilled some champagne and chatted to the girls on the rooftop. Kinda felt heaven, not gonna lie to y'all. We ended up going for a mix of subtle pastels and I love it!
Wella also gave us a goodie box that included one of my favorite recent purchases from Scar, SP LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir. My hair is super dry and the SP LuxeOil collection is all about locking in moisture with their blend of argan, jojoba and almond oils so I'm looking forward to trying out the rest of the products. What a perfect way to start a crazy week!
Posted by Sheri Lee at 4:00 AM
I am in love with this campaign you guys! So I think we've all taken some change room snaps and asked friends and family what they think before we buy something. Well now, Urban is running a campaign where you can pay with a selfie! It starts today at all Urban stores across South Africa and ends on the 15th of December. I think this is a great way to treat yourself to a little something for the holidays.
Here's what you need to know to take part:
Here's what you need to know to take part:
- Follow @UrbanSelfie on Twitter
- Go to an Urban store, find an item of clothing you like
- Try it on and tweet a selfie of you wearing it to @UrbanSelfie and hashtag it #UrbanSelfie
- Make sure it represents the Urban brand - make it simple, stylish and sensual
- Urban will reply and confirm that your selfie is stylish, simple or sensual. That gets you a R100 discount – show Urban's tweet to the cashier at the till
- If Urban thinks that your selfie very stylish, simple AND sensual, you will be rewarded even more
- Urban will also give away a R5000 to R10 000 wardrobe a day to their favourite selfie that has got the most retweets
- All selfies will be posted to Urban’s Facebook page. The selfie with the most likes at the end of the campaign wins a modeling contract with Urban
- The most popular selfie at the end of the campaign wins a trip to New York or London
Terms & Conditions:
-R100 vouchers can only be redeemed on purchases over R199. R200 voucher can only be redeemed on purchases over R299. R300 vouchers can only be redeemed on purchase over R399
-Urban’s decision on vouchers and winners is final
-Winners of the main prizes will be announced after the promotion ends on 15 December
- Daily prizes of R5000 or R10000 will be announced the following day (depending a on how busy they were) for the selfie with the most likes each day.
- 100 vouchers will be given out per store per day. If a store reaches their daily limit, they will announce on twitter that store is not giving out any more that day
- Each selfie will be assessed as to whether they get a 100/200/300 rand voucher and will be tweeted back to let winners know
That's it! Go out there and get your selfie on!
Posted by Sheri Lee at 3:05 PM
Stefania Morland celebrated their 8th birthday last week with an intimate little gathering so I thought I'd share some pics. Jasna and I had gone to two other events that day so the chilled atmosphere was very welcome. Beach House's Myth filled the boutique while I sat near the change room and chatted to Jas and Nambitha. I finally got to take in in all the raw silk garments I'd seen on the runway, up close. Those pretty center front bows always say "Stefania" to me. We left a little later and turned to see the store lit up so beautifully against the Cape Town night. Summer magic is all around.
Posted by Sheri Lee at 6:19 PM
This summer JT One have opened a fantastic Pop Up Shop at the V & A Waterfront. I shopped up a storm on the launch night last week while hanging with all the usual hotties. We munched cake pops and puffs of candyfloss before raiding the photobooth for our #JTOne #BestieSelfies, it was such a charming girls night.
The shop is offering awesome 2 for 1 and 3 for 2 deals on bras and underwear so this won't be my first stop during the 3 months the store will be open. It's so afforadable, I can't even! They're also stocked up on cute sleepwear and poofy slippers just in time for Christmas so grab your bestie and check out the store. Sweet dreams are made of this!
Posted by Sheri Lee at 12:28 PM
Last December South African wife and mother, Yasmeen Bhamjee Moosa had a great idea. Like most of us, she loved shoes so, having given up work as an attorney, she decided to embark on her passion to manufacture limited quality footwear in accordance with the latest European trends. Today, she's opened online store Strut 24 for the woman who's on trend but is looking for something unique.
"The name Strut is synonymous with leaving an impression, making a mark so to speak and 24 is personal in that it's my birthdate but also because of the online store, it allows one to shop 24 hours of the day and in turn suggests that Strut shoes are amazing enough to be worn for 24 hours of the day!"
All of the styles are named after the women in her family who have supported her on her journey to realise her dream and only 12 pairs are made per style so girls can be sure they're getting something exclusive. I just found Yasmeen's story so inspiring and her shoes are awesome. Sisters are doin' it for themselves! The nude heel with gold detail is going on my Christmas list for sure. Psst, boyfriend...
Check out Strut 24 to see all the styles, I think there are some great investment pieces. They also deliver nationally via courier for free. I can't wait to see how this brand grows, they're aiming to expand to handbags and belts for next season.
Posted by Sheri Lee at 11:56 AM