Getting your priorities straight6/21/2014
I read once that you should make a list of what's important to you and then you should put the list away. It doesn't matter how profound or frivolous your needs are, just be true to yourself. A week later, you need to re-visit the list and ask yourself if you have in fact, been devoting your time to your priorities. Most people will see that they aren't living their lives in a way that they actually want to. It's no wonder we don't feel fulfilled.
For example, this is what's important to me...
- Quality time with friends and family
- Experimenting (be it with trying out new looks or experiencing new things)
- Helping people
- Exercising (ugh those endorphins really do work)
- Taking care of myself (eating well, spa days)
- Relaxing with hobbies (reading, listening to music, binge-watching tv shows, photography, sewing)
...and here's how I've been spending my time
- Running errands
- Being indecisive
- Doing things last minute
- Binge-watching tv shows (still have yet to make a dent in stuff from 2011 tho lol)
- Not paying attention to others
- Going to events
- Glued to my phone (love my phone but it was getting to crazy time-sucking proportions!)
- Over-sleeping on weekends/public holidays
It's clear that after coming back from holiday, I've gone right back to living on auto-pilot and that's no way to feel balanced. From now on, I'm going to display my list somewhere I'll always see it. At the moment it's on a post-it note but I think I'll make it my default phone background when I get it back from repairs. Maybe a reminder of what I should spend less time with is also in order. So, what do you want to spend more or less time on?